Feb 25, 2018

August 3332 - Cannonballs

Highlighting the August 3332 Cannonballs

I might have mentioned it before, but the weapon spec events are not my forte.
This time it was unlimited mark d (projectiles), and as usual I was under gunned. The only event worse for me than a single weapon spec, is a double weapon spec, like the Fire and Ice we sometimes have. Fortunately, the weapon spec events tend to be spaced apart.

The Clan War was on the horizon, I was behind on the paperwork, Bruno clamored for me to find more resources and the fitness reports weren't done yet.
I figured out that if no New assignments were given to me and I worked 42/11 I should manage to be "ajour" in about 3 months. Unfortunately the day have just 24 hours and the week 7 days.

I showed off some minutes here and there and cobbled together a formation that should be competitive on K5. Unfortunately, that wasn't where I was headed.
I had special invitations to K2.

When I finally managed to sneak out and join up at t-4 hours, the field was stacked. All the others had more Mechs and tonnage than me, and higher licences to boost. The higher licences meant their Mechs had more weapons and armor than mine.
I went back to the compound for more work, and when I finally returned, four minutes of the scramble had already passed.
I made a couple ineffective attacks, and then the light flashed, signaling an early end.

Those who held the tops at the end and received Gold, Nephilax and invitations to harder climbs this time were:

  • Div 1 196+ (36 Commanders): Terry Cole, Warlock (5m,28s)
  • Div 2 -195 (17 Commanders): Sheila Retherford, B.S.L.R. (17h,59m)
  • Div 3 -146 (44 Commanders): Theo Peeples, The Isle of Misfit Toys (19m,44s)
  • Div 4 -112 (38 Commanders): George Warren, T.B. BlackWatch (16h,40m)
  • Div 5 -87 (34 Commanders): David Sifford, Steampunk Dragons (22h,28m)
  • Div 6 -74 (37 Commanders): MaryAnn Myers, Black Star Bandits (1d,17h)
  • Div 7 -58 (25 Commanders): Turanza Dranza, M&L Rogue Angels (11m,43s)
  • Div 8 -44 (20 Commanders): Tanfoglio, JC`s Rowdy Bunch (4h,36m)
  • Div 9 -33 (14 Commanders): Sa Alice, UNDERWORLD (16h,30m)
  • Div 10 -25 (20 Commanders): George Woods, clown clan (10h,39m)
  • Div 11 -18 (11 Commanders): Rick Herlock, Punishers Guild (5m,7s)
  • Div 12 -14 (19 Commanders): Enigma, Seal Drivers (1d,5h)


Total Contestants: 315, Total medals claimed: 175 (of 180 possible)

Compared to the Pointmech event we lost twenty-five contestants. On the other hand, we didn't have a super-narrow div 11 this time, only a narrow one where those who had special invitations or licence 15, 16, 17 and 18 could get in.
This resulted in "only" four Bronzes from div 11 being sent for resmelting, in addition to one from div 9.

According to my timepiece, the scramble ended in the 6th minute. I am unsure if the Commanders in general was waiting a bit to see who would start the ball, or if most had left the formations to underlings.
Four Golds changed hands the last half-hour, while the other eight were held for more than two hours, two of them for more than a day.
This could be a result of the strongest having mostly gotten to the top and cemented their positions. But it could be most are resting before the Clan War, 
the number of medals held for more than 30 minutes in this event indicates so:

.............Silvers......Bronzes
Div 1 ....0 of 4.........6 of 10
Div 2 ....3 of 4.........9 of 10
Div 3 ....2 of 4.........8 of 10
Div 4 ....3 of 4.........7 of 10
Div 5 ....4 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 6 ....4 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 7 ....3 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 8 ....4 of 4.........8 of 10
Div 9 ....3 of 4.........7 of 9
Div 10 ..2 of 4.........8 of 10
Div 11 ..3 of 4.........6 of 6
Div 12 ..3 of 4.........3 of 10

There were only two divisions where more than half the medals changed hands the last half-hour this time; Div one (9) and div twelve (8).
Div 5 and 6 had no successful attacks, and for the other 8 divisions, a total of 91 of the 115 Medals were held for at least a half-hour.

No clan got more than a single Gold in this event, and there were no unaligned winners. But we had a repeat winner: Rick Herlock, who recently signed up with Punishers Guild, repeated his Golden performance from the Pointmech contest.

Upcoming event: Fire and Ice
This is another event where you can bring whatever Mechs you have, provided you can fit them into your formation.
While the Cannonball had a boost of 80% to the damage of the projectile weapons, this time it is a double feature. Both Fire and Ice weapons get a boost of 80% to the base damage. Again, bringing out the dedicated formation you have saved for this purpose will save you time compared to adjusting the main formation. If you didn't have a dedicated formation before, saving it after you get it ready is highly recommended.
Equipment and (the other) weapons work as normal.

Event ends February 23 between 2200 and 2230 New York Time


(By Sten Hugo Hiller - 627184)