Jan 4, 2018

December 3330 Fifty

Highlighting the December 3330 Fifty


After my showing in the two latest events I had received invitations to Mount Olympus for the four upcoming events. The first of them was a weight limit, no Mechs over 50 tons allowed. This would hopefully put me on a more even footing with the competition, but more even and even are two different things.

I had to face facts. The lowest graded regular opponent had 11 Mechs and almost 100 piloting grades on me, while the strongest opponents had almost 200 piloting grades more than me.

In other words, unless the opponents were out of formation I stood about as much chance of getting a medal as the proverbial snowflake in hell had of getting lots of friends and starting an avalanche that buried all the demons there forever.

I still snuck out and joined up, who knew, I might get lucky.

In the event I didn't get a chance to test my luck. Paulzilla had much more paperwork that needed doing, and I was the preferred doer. I was allowed to tell my crew to take notes and make recordings of the fighting before he chained me to the desk and confiscated all communication devices. When he returned and released me, I found that the winners had been:
  • Div 1. 238+ (27 Commanders): Shawn Wretham, Warlock (14s)
  • Div 2. -237 (16 Commanders): Paul Knight, Star League (2h,26m)
  • Div 3. -174 (15 Commanders): Ken Fuchs, Northwind Dragons (23m,52s)
  • Div 4. -131 (37 Commanders): John Thorson, Northwind Dragons (37m,4s)
  • Div 5. -103 (27 Commanders): Paul Forresthill, M&L Blood Wolves (7m,7s)
  • Div 6. -84 (25 Commanders): Sebastien Roussel-Konan, K.T.o.C. (23s)
  • Div 7. -67 (23 Commanders): John Fox, Knights of Chaos (22m,38s)
  • Div 8. -50 (21 Commanders): Mike Slowenski, Emerald Dragons (12m,43s)
  • Div 9. -41 (23 Commanders): DustinH108, Mech Point Academy "Elite" (35m.11s)
  • Div 10. -30 (18 Commanders): David Dubkin (1h,18m)
  • Div 11. -21 (6 Commanders): Arthur Shea, M&L The Emperor's Own (1d,20h)
  • Div 12. -18 (17 Commanders): MikeBridgetIsAHurtbuttMonkey, BHMH (18m,21s)


Total Contestants: 255, Total Medals 171 (of 180 possible)

5+5+7+0+0+2+8+2+0+1S+0+0= 1 Silver and 29 Bronzes went to overweight formations this time.

Compared to the Trooper (or should it be called the Novum) event participation was up by 62. There were "only" 9 unclaimed Bronzes this time, and those from a narrow div 11 that only had participants from grade 19-21.

During the last half hour seven of the Golds changed hands, two of them the last minute. Only two Golds were held for more than two hours, one of them for more than a day.
The fighting varied greatly. Three divisions; 2, 11 and 12 didn't have a single successful attack during the scramble, while in div 1, 3 and 4 there were quite furious fighting for the noble Medals.
Northwind Dragons were the only clan to claim multiple Golds this event, they won div 3 and 4. David Dubkin in div 10 was the sole unaligned winner. None managed to defend the Trooper Gold.

Upcoming event: 10 Red Tons Chrono.
We are back to single Mechtype, Red Ants this time. And there are no exceptions. The only allowed Mechs are Red Ants. 
In addition it is a Chrono, so join up soonest. If some opponents are oof, blast them aside for more points.

Event ends January 6 between 0800 and 0830 New York Time.


(By Sten Hugo Hiller)