Jan 5, 2018

November 3330 Troopers

Highlighting the November 3330 Troopers


*As most of the sharp eyed readers probably noticed, the Mechanomicon is now the channel who reports from the Mainverse climbs. This should (in time) make it easier for those who want to look up older fight reports.*


The jubilation and pleasant surprise as I bested Christine Mainer in the Axe event had not faded out entirely when the following event was announced.

More than one Commander swore a blue streak as it was another Mech type event, and Trooper at that.

For me it seemed a streak of Good Luck was coming my way. In the two previous trooper events (K4 Feb `24, and K3 Feb `18) I had beaten off the opposition and gotten Gold. Admittedly that had been when I was on my regular mountain top. Here I faced opponents who had 20 to 70 grades on me. The hope was the opponents were shorter than me in the Trooper department, I had four, three of them nearly fully developed.

Sneaking the Mechs past Bruno was a challenge, he would not approve me getting near K2, not to mention K1 before we had fully developed the huge backlog of Mechs we were out of resources for.

Once we were clear of the hangar sprint mode was activated, and soon we arrived at the gates of K2. The gatekeeper cast a dubious look at my still fresh from the printer invitation, and my low grade piloting licence. But shrugging the shoulders as in "that is your funeral pal" he let me in.

Once in, my forces took control of the top and I left for the compound and the neverending paperwork.

When I returned at t-100 minutes my position was not to bad. I was on the middle slopes, having Christine Mainer from Avengers of Bunny and Randy Taylor from Omegas Legacy above me. Taylor had two Zadocs and more than 30 grades on me, but my full line of 3 troopers and 2 Novums was more than he could face, and I was back at the top.

Another crisis back at the compound demanded my attention, and when i returned the scramble was underway. Meanwhile Christine had taken the top. Her two Novums put up a very strong defence, and I needed 3 tries before I managed to best them. I cast a worried look in my Super compartment. If we pushed each other strongly it would be a matter of minutes before I ran dry.

In the event that was the last succesful attack on K2. When the light flashed those who stood on the tops were:
  • Div 1 243+ (25 Commanders): Claude Poirier, Leviathan (2m,28s)
  • Div 2 -212 (11 Commanders): Sten Hugo Hiller, Star League (12m,38s)
  • Div 3 -161 (17 Commanders): Roman Himmelhan, Death`s Collector`s (36m,18s)
  • Div 4 -120 (29 Commanders): David McCallum, Heroes (12h,37m)
  • Div 5 -95 (15 Commanders): Edmund Dantes, Steampunk Dragons (54m,36s)
  • Div 6 -81 (22 Commanders): Polly Waffle, today and tomorrow (8h,53m)
  • Div 7 -62 (15 Commanders): JohnnyMnemonic, HF 110th C.C. 1st A.R. (1d,13h)
  • Div 8 -51 (30 Commanders): Gabriel Copenhaver, T.B. 2nd K. H. (4h,16)
  • Div 9 -35 (11 Commanders): greeneggsandspam, Behemoth (1d,6h)
  • Div 10 -25 (7 Commanders): Map Chap, UNDERWORLD (8m,47s)
  • Div 11 -19 (6 Commanders): John Horn, Clanless (1d,12h)
  • Div 12 -16 (5 Commanders): Luan Emanuel, Galatic Potatos (17h,9m)


Total Contestants: 193, Total Medals 145 (of 180 possible)

1+8(2S)+11(2S)+6+12(2S)+10(1S)+11(2S)+8(G+2S)+9(G+3S)+4(3S)+2(1S)+1S= At least 2 Gold, 19 Silvers and 62 Bronzes went to overweight formations this time.

Even compared to the Axe Attack this was not a well-visited event. 21 fewer showed up to compete for prizes, and 35 Bronzes were sent for resmelting, 10 more than in the Axe event.

My Timepiece said the scramble stopped in the 13th minute. During that time 3 Golds changed hands. Seven Golds were held for more than two hours, 3 of them for more than a day. 

Fighting was fairly intense on K1, ALL the Silvers and 8 of the bronzes changed hands during the scramble. The other divisions were in general much more subdued. On K2 and K3 there was a total of one new Silver holder, K4 + K5 +K6 had a total of 5 Silvers and 7 Bronzes change hands. K7 +K8 + K9 had a total of one Bronze changing hands, while K10 + K11 + K12 had one Silver getting a new owner during the scramble.

We had one unaligned winner this time, John Horn took charge of div 11 and held the top for 36 hours. The only repeat winner was Sten Hugo Hiller of Star League. No single clan managed to get more than one Gold.

Upcoming event: Fifty.

Here we are free of the restrictions binding us to use a single Mechtype. All you have to do is ensure none of the Mechs you put in the field weighs more than 50 tons. Preferred Mechs will probably include Fides, Novum, Oggun and Nephilax.

Equipment and weapons work as normal.

Event ends January 3 between 1900 and 1930 New York Time.


(By Sten Hugo Hiller)