Feb 1, 2018

December 3331 - 35 Alive

Highlighting the December 3331 35 Alive

Somewhere in the mist of time back on Old Terra, (about 1500 years ago) there was an political/military leader named Snap some bones apart (or something like that). When asked by some subordinates for a delay, he reputably answered "Ask me for anything but time"

That was more or less how I felt. I was back on K3, and the event was a tonnage limit, no Mechs heavier than 35 tons allowed.
While I have formations for almost all possible events, my 35 ton formation hadn't been upgraded for a long while.
Answer seemed obvious; Use some time and get them into top fighting trim.

But... I was heavily engaged in Meta, there were yet some transferable prizes
that might be won if I devoted almost all my time, and the RNG gods smiled at me.
End result. My 30 tonners got tasked for the job and sent to test how well they did against the bigger brethren.

Which was quite well. I led my crew to the top, and left for Meta. They had instructions to resist, take notes and footage. 
In a short trip back at t-6 hours, I saw I had been relegated to the top slope. Snarling I told my crew to assault, then belatedly realized it was my team mate Able.
He and his men weren't grievously wounded, and he accepted my apologies with a curt nod, and wished me the best of luck.

My team were once more left to hold and take footage, and I returned to the Meta once more.

At t-8 minutes I was back to check on the crew. They had been displaced to the top slope, and the top were held by Ken Fuchs of the Northwind Dragons.
Probing, Assaults and multi pronged attacks all proved futile.
He had both numbers, licence and tonnage on me. 
I did by no means give up, but kept trying. All my normal, large and super sized hatorades were consumed, but the furthest I ever got was his sixth line.

When the light flashed those who held the tops and received Gold, Nephilax and invitations to harder climbs in the four upcoming events were:
  • Div 1 239+ ( 21Commanders): Sherriff Leary Wretham, Warlock (33m,44s)
  • Div 2 -238 (12 Commanders): Paul Knight, Star League (2s)
  • Div 3 -173 (20 Commanders): Ken Fuchs, Northwind Dragons (35m,30s)
  • Div 4 -129 (28 Commanders): Don Alligood, B.S.L.R. (19s)
  • Div 5 -103 (27 Commanders): Duncan Cecil Goetz, Death`s Revenge (1d,11h)
  • Div 6 -83 (28 Commanders): Tom J Fong Jr. Steampunk Dragons (11h,40m)
  • Div 7 -65 (29 Commanders): Turanza Dranza, M&L Rogue Angels (18m,10s)
  • Div 8 -47 (17 Commanders): Bob Becker, UNDERWORLD (1h,40m)
  • Div 9 -36 (16 Commanders): KiloToneRecoil, T.B. 2nd K. H. (20h,16m)
  • Div 10 -26 (14 Commanders): Canis, ButthurtMonkeyHunters (1d,23h)
  • Div 11 -15 (7 Commanders): USERKiller1234, S L I C E B U R S T (45m,43s)
  • Div 12 -8 (11 Commanders): Bulli18 (1h,21m)


Total contestants: 240, Total Medals: 164 (of 180 possible)

1+4(1S)+3+0+1+1+4(1S)+4+5+5(1S)+0+0= Three Silvers and twenty-five Bronzes went to overweight Commanders this time.

Compared to the previous (unlimited) climb, participation dropped by 43, and the number of unclaimed medals rose by five. 
Once again the 3 lowest mountains, as well as K2 was where the fewest contenders showed up. 16 Bronzes were sent for resmelting.

It could be that more Commanders than me were preoccupied with the Meta fighting. Only 3 Golds changed hands the last half hour, two of them the last half-minute. Four Golds were held for more than two hours, half of them for more than a day. Looking a bit deeper, we find that the number of lesser medals held for more than 30 minutes in this event was:

.............Silvers......Bronzes
Div 1 ....4 of 4.........3 of 10
Div 2 ....3 of 4.........7 of 7
Div 3 ....3 of 4.........7 of 10
Div 4 ....1 of 4.........9 of 10
Div 5 ....4 of 4.........9 of 10
Div 6 ....4 of 4.........8 of 10
Div 7 ....3 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 8 ....3 of 4.........9 of 10
Div 9 ....3 of 4.........9 of 10
Div 10 ..4 of 4.........9 of 9
Div 11 ..4 of 4.........2 of 2
Div 12 ..4 of 4.........4 of 6

Two mountains where no successful attacks took place (K10 and K11), six more where only one place change took place during the last half hour, and none where not at least half the medals were held for the whole scramble.
That is not to say there weren't hard fighting, The struggle for Gold on both K2 and K4 were close shaves, and it could be more than me launched attacks in vain.
There were one unaligned winner this time, Bulli18 took home the Gold on K12.
No single clan got more than one Gold, and there were no repeat winners either.

Upcoming event: Laser Blast 
Here you are yet again allowed to bring whatever Mechs you want, in whatever numbers (Limited by what you have and base size). 
A word of caution though. Using Mechs you don't have the heavy skill to pilot yet, is not recommended as the resulting kickback will probably cripple said Mechs.
Equipment and most weapons work as normal, the exception are the Lasers which deal an additional 80% damage.

Event ends February 4 between 1600 and 1630 New York Time.


(By Sten Hugo Hiller - 627184)