Jun 27, 2018

August 3336 - Front Line Fight

Highlighting the August 3336 Front Line Fight


The traditional mid-war Frontline event was coming up.

I wasn't planning to join up, I still was getting used to my new implant and trying to master Mechs heavier than a Warg.

But diligent training had me breezing through the models, and as the scramble neared I was trying to master Smilidons.
The problem was more that my old reflexes was used to my old implant than not knowing what to do, but two minutes into the scramble I was fairly certain I had mastered most Mechs up to Ignis.

Deciding to test this assumption I got into an Ignis, rounded up a quartet of other BFM`s and sprinted over to the entrance to K3. Luckily the entrance procedures was a formality, and soon we were inside tho arena, albeit out on the plains.

Four Battles later we had gained the top foothill, just one more successful battle and we would be on the top.
That was something of a question. Those above me were seasoned fighters you took lightly at your own peril
.
Jeff and Bune Page from Omegas Legacy, Karl Kash from Death`s Brethren and Robert C Goetz Sr of the Death`s Collector`s held the slopes. On the top was Colin Toenjes from Heroes.

Two failures and one success later I took stock. On the plus side I was currently top dog. But the list of negatives was long.
I had only two supers as I hadn't really planned to be in the climb, and less than a third of the HG drones I was allowed to have.

I tried to address the first problem by sending a couple dozen Supers to some friends, but my hopes of return wasn't especially high, Most who were fighting wouldn't take the time to look for and return gifts during a scramble.

As for HG drones. I would need a new set within minutes of the end of the scramble. Any friend tapped now would be unavailable for duty during the third battle day.
Deciding the team was more important than me, my awareness returned to the scramble.

Another problem surfaced. My C3 (Command, Control and Communication) was hopelessly slow. I had to reset the scans instead of just refreshing them.

But I was slugging it out with Toenjes. During the first 20 minutes we must have swapped positions at least 30 times.
I was getting low on energy, my supers were gone and I had started making inroads into the supply of large and standard hatorade supply. The only Silver Lining was the others hadn't contested the top yet...

But now they did. Soon Toenjes, Kash, Jeff Page and I was in a four way furball. I started praying for it to end while I still had any energy left, but as we got into the 25th minute I had to bow out. 
Kash went quiet a couple minutes late, but Toenjes and Page was still hammering each other. I had recovered enough to launch one more attack, but it failed. 
I watched with interest as the last seconds ticked away. Page displaced Toenjes again, and then the light flashed.

Those who held the tops at the end and got the top prizes this time was:

  • Div 1 233+ (32 Commanders): Dexter Berry, Warlock (1m,17s)
  • Div 2 -232 (17 Commanders): Bing Paculan, T.I.o.M.T. (4h,6m)
  • Div 3 -169 (24 Commanders): Jeff Page, Omegas Legacy (17s)
  • Div 4 -128 (47 Commanders): Eric Astronomicon Finley, Heroes Support (4m,45s)
  • Div 5 -102 (23 Commanders): Chris Page, Death`s Disturbed Asylum (6s)
  • Div 6 -84 (42 Commanders): Jam Albores, M&L Blood Wolves (1d,2h)
  • Div 7 -65 (24 Commanders): Jarem Luanda, M.P.A. "Rangers" (26m,56s)
  • Div 8 -46 (19 Commanders): Robert Pawulski, Punishers Guild (2d,10h)
  • Div 9 -36 (20 Commanders): Canis, Night Hammers (8h,29m)
  • Div 10 -24 (22 Commanders): Scott Tenge, Borg (8h,25m)
  • Div 11 -17 (19 Commanders): RobertGoetz, Jagdstaffel 2 (20h,34m)
  • Div 12 -9 (16 Commanders): Nitchakarn Tunwan (2d,14h)


Total Contestants: 285, Total medals claimed: 180 (of 180 possible)

Compared to the recent Double Rainbow it was a slight drop in participation, 16 fewer Commanders showed up for this event.
The spread was a bit more even though, and all medals were claimed.

The fight for the top prizes varied from fierce, via hard to nonexistent. Five Golds changed hands the last half-hour, two of them the last half-minute. All of the remaining seven were held for more than two hours, three of them for more than a day. The struggle for the lesser prizes varied as well, just look at the number of medals held for more than 30 minutes in this event:

.............Silvers......Bronzes

Div 1 ....0 of 4.........3 of 10
Div 2 ....2 of 4.........9 of 10
Div 3 ....1 of 4.........6 of 10
Div 4 ....3 of 4.........8 of 10
Div 5 ....1 of 4.........6 of 10
Div 6 ....3 of 4.........3 of 10
Div 7 ....2 of 4.........6 of 10
Div 8 ....4 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 9 ....2 of 4.........8 of 10
Div 10 ..4 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 11 ..4 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 12 ..4 of 4.......10 of 10

As normal the fighting was hardest on Mount Olympus, but more than half the medals changed hands on K3, K5 and K6 as well.. K8, K10, K11 and K12 had no successful medal attacks

No clan managed to win more than one Gold in this event. The sole repeat winner this time was Chris Page from Death`s Disturbed Asylum. We had an unaligned winner as well. 
It was on paper perhaps the most impressive win this round. Nitchakarn Tunwan, a lowly level 3 Commander who had just 45 tons of Mechs, and not allowed to purchase anything heavier than a WarHorse. He held the top for 62 hours despite opponents having almost thrice his level and more than twice his tonnage

Upcoming event: Point Mech Panic 
Here is the traditional end of the war event. As many will have had their formations shot to scrap at this time, all that is needed and required is the Point Mech (upper right corner) All other Mechs are ignored when it comes to fighting.
Equipment and weapons work as normal.

Event ends between 1600 and 1630 June 28 New York Time

Any recent winners can try to get in contact to tell me their story. Might be you get some Niodes for the effort.

(By Sten Hugo Hiller- 627184)