Jan 29, 2018

August 3331 - Front Line Fight

Highlighting the August 3331 Front Line Fight

Sometimes the universe is quiet and peaceful, at least the corner you happen to occupy at the moment. Other times it is violence and mayhem wherever you turn.

I had barely survived the brutal fighting against the Bunnies in the second day of the war, and there was a war ongoing in Meta as well. In addition there was a climb going on.

The scramble would start a few hours after the end of the second battle day, so there was barely time to get some casts on, new dressings on the wounds, plenty of stitches sewn and a couple liters blood added to my reduced supply.

Jorge and the other doctors wouldn't release me from the hospital, and gave orders to the shuttle pilots not to let me aboard the personnel transports.

But all I had to do was sneak aboard one of the supply shuttles bringing spare parts, ammo and armor plating to our troops.

Let me give you a friendly advice; Don't do the same. The cargo broke free and added plenty of bruises, the air was so thin I passed out, and the shuttle sat for more than an hour before it was unloaded.

At that time I was cramped up, some stitches had opened and I needed more blood. But I got into my ride and went over to K3. The synthblood wasn't quite the real thing, but it would keep the electrolytes and oxygen flowing.

I arrived at t-2 minutes. My crew had held the top foothill so all I had to do was take a long step forward and claim the top. Simple, eh?

Not at all simple. The top was held by Christine Mainer, my late nemesis in the Battle vs the Avengers of Bunny. She had a force consisting of a Guardian, an Apatotron, a Boreas and two Regis. That lineup, combined with her full compliment of Heavy Guard drones (compared to my dozen) and a piloting licence 28 higher than mine made it an herculean task indeed.

But my troops marched forward and got slaughter wed for the trouble. I tried her from several angles and finally a lucky combination of forks and critical hits took her forces out. Not for long mind you, she came back with a vengeance and blew us apart. I had thought I was prepared, but a five pack of supers suddenly seemed insufficient.

We continued that way for a while, I would use 2-5 tries to take the top, a short while later she blew me off the top. Then in the 23rd minute Brian Vaughan of Steampunk Dragons entered the fray and made it a three-way fur ball. After some minutes he dropped out, but I was out of supers.

My regulars and five of the large hatorades was consumed to beat Christine two more times, but she blew me back to the slopes again.

It was now 28 minutes into the scramble and it was bound to end soon. With shaking hands I opened the last twin-sized Hatoraide and consumed it. Taking a deep breath to steady my nerves and telling myself I had two tries I let loose. For the first time, one attack was all it took to dethrone her, and when the light flashed a few seconds later, I was still at the top. The full list of winners was:

[Due to a lack of notes, level displayed for the divisions is the highest level entered]
  • Div 1 242+ (28 Commanders): Dexter Berry, Warlock (11s)
  • Div 2 -241 (17 Commanders): David Cox, Warlock (5h,24m)
  • Div 3 -173 (19 Commanders): Sten Hugo Hiller, Star League (9s)
  • Div 4 -136 (55 Commanders): Colin Toenjes, Heroes (1m,3s)
  • Div 5 -105 (28 Commanders): James Waddington, Northwind Dragons (1d,8h)
  • Div 6 -89 (39 Commanders): Jessica BRabbit, Guardians of Bunny (21m,46s)
  • Div 7 -71 (36 Commanders): MaryAnn Myers, Black Star Bandits (28s)
  • Div 8 -56 (31 Commanders): Roy Cristofer, Mech point Acadamy "Elite" (5h,38m)
  • Div 9 -42 (22 Commanders): Andri berliano, ITC (4h,24m)
  • Div 10 -31 (14 Commanders): Map Chap, UNDERWORLD (6m,30s)
  • Div 11 -24 (16 Commanders): StepinDogPoo, Seniores Mech (1h,11m)
  • Div 12 -18 (15 Commanders): Max Dixon, Butthurt MonkeyHunters (5h,51m)


Total Contestants: 320, Total Medals 179 (of 180 possible)

This seem to be one of the more popular events. 187 additional Commanders showed up compared to the short King of the Mountain.
It could be that a long enough time to sign up had something to do with the popularity, and the fact it was in the middle of the war probably helped. 
One Bronze from K10 went unclaimed this time.

While the number of Commanders who attended the event was high, the numbers who actually had energy left to fight it out seemed much lower. Or perhaps they were busy in the Meta?

Action seemed to be most violent on K1 where 3 Silvers were decided the last minute, although it seemed pretty hectic on K4 as well.

Anyway, the number of medals held for more than 30 minutes in this event was:

.............Silvers......Bronzes
Div 1 ....0 of 4.........5 of 10
Div 2 ....4 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 3 ....1 of 4.........8 of 10
Div 4 ....1 of 4.........4 of 10
Div 5 ....4 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 6 ....4 of 4.........9 of 10
Div 7 ....2 of 4.........8 of 10
Div 8 ....4 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 9 ....4 of 4.........8 of 10
Div 10 ..3 of 4.........9 of 9
Div 11 ..4 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 12 ..4 of 4.......10 of 10

As can be seen, we had five divisions where all the medals were held during the entire scramble. A total of 13 Silvers (25%) and 18 Bronzes (15%) changed hands. As for the Golds, six of them got new owners during the scramble, three the last minute. Five were held for more than two hours, one of them for over a day.

Best clan this time was Warlock who grabbed the Gold on both K1 and K2.

There were no unaligned winners, but Dexter Berry defended his Gold from the Unlimited.

Upcoming event: Point Mech Panic.

This is it. The ultimate one-on-one competition. Bring the best Mech you have, equipped with the best gear and best weapons you have. Then slug it out in a no-holds-barred furball to prove who is the best Commander.

Weapons and Equipment work as normal.

(Event ends January 25 between 1700 and 1730 New York time)


(By Sten Hugo Hiller - 627184)