Apr 1, 2018

November 3333 - Sixty

Highlighting the November 3333 Sixty
Another limited tonnage was announced. This time it was for Mechs up to 60 tons.

I walked over to the hangar and pried loose formation and went with them to the mountain. After securing a spot on the upper foothills, I returned to the base for some more of the never ending paperwork.

I managed a short return at around t-90 minutes. My crew had been pushed to the middle foothills and the opposition seemed pretty intimidating. of the 10 who seemed to be in correct formation, only Ales Tomasek of the Sorcerers had a lower tonnage than me. In addition my Heavy Guard drones had expired.

Scrounging up some new drones took time I really didn't have, and I only managed to get 1/3 of my full allotment. Shaking my head I tried to advance, and after some lucky breaks I managed to reach the top.
But there was meetings and conferences I had to attend to, so my crew were told to hunker down, take notes and footage and sell themselves dearly.

I had to admit I was surprised when they returned and brought the Gold and a brand New Nephilax with them. Study of the footage showed the winners this time had been:

  • Div 1 234+ (27 Commanders): Fabio Favaro, Warlock (1m,58s)
  • Div 2 -233 (17 Commanders): Christine Mainer, Spirit of Bunny (11m,21s)
  • Div 3 -169 (23 Commanders): Sten Hugo Hiller, Star League (1h,53m)
  • Div 4 -129 (30 Commanders): John Thorson, Northwind Dragons (6m,31s)
  • Div 5 -105 (34 Commanders): Sebastien Roussel-Konan S. Dragons (5m,31s)
  • Div 6 -85 (26 Commanders): Ian McArthur, Death`s Curse (1h,17m)
  • Div 7 -64 (29 Commanders): Rathar Foehammer, Defenders of Bunny (16m,17s)
  • Div 8 -49 (26 Commanders): Ila Mari Anthonsen, today and tomorrow (3m,10s)
  • Div 9 -38 (20 Commanders): Sa Alice, UNDERWORLD (6s)
  • Div 10 -24 (13 Commanders): PrepareTheBleach, S.G.C.B.B_T.S.R. (4h,25m)
  • Div 11 -21 (17 Commanders): Steeven Petit, Punishers Guild (2h,38s)
  • Div 12 -15 (15 Commanders): AuraFr00B, Aura Legion (20m,13s)


2+4+5+0+0+2+4+1+0+0+0+0 = Twenty-four Bronzes were awarded to overweight Commanders this time.

Total Contestants: 277, Total medals claimed: 178 (of 180 possible)

Compared to the 20, seventeen additional Commanders showed up for this climb. Two Bronzes from K10 went unclaimed, but the entry requirement was narrow, so I think that was the reason this time.

It was pretty hard fighting for the Gold medals this time. The last half-hour saw eight of them change hands at least once, one of them the last tenth-minute.
Only two Commanders managed to cling to the Golds for more than two hours.
Lower on the Mountains, the number of lesser medals held for more than 30 minutes in this event was:

.............Silvers......Bronzes
Div 1 ....1 of 4.........2 of 10
Div 2 ....3 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 3 ....2 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 4 ....3 of 4.........9 of 10
Div 5 ....3 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 6 ....4 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 7 ....3 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 8 ....3 of 4.........9 of 10
Div 9 ....0 of 4.........9 of 10
Div 10 ..4 of 4.........1 of 8
Div 11 ..4 of 4.......10 of 10
Div 12 ..2 of 4.......10 of 10

The highest Activity was on Mount Olympus where only 3 Medals were held for the whole scramble. The only other top where more than half the Medals changed ownership was K9. Two tops, K6 and K11, had no successful attacks.

There were no unaligned winners this time. None managed to repeat their win from the 20, and no single clan got more than one Gold.


(By Sten Hugo Hiller - 627184)