Highlighting the December 3334 Quad Chrono
It was another event. Quad Chrono, and I was as unprepared as I had been the last time. It takes time and plenty of Niodes to get another dozen BFMs ready, and even my Triple Rainbow only had 3 Mechs in triplicate.
Like the last time, I had gotten an invitation to K2. Difference was this time it was a Chrono, so I was in for severe hurting if I joined up. Considering the likely opponents the best I might hope for was a Bronze.
Problem was, the fame factor for even a Bronze was really high. I would gain another level for sure, and my stock of materials had dwindled sharply after the fighting I had done lately. The last windfalls had gotten me some much needed equipments, the rest had been spent on upgrading.
All in all, the decision was clear, I would have to stay out of the fighting this time. Until the fame factors got to a bearable level, I might have to fore go joining the climbs at all, at least until I had the resources to pay for another full upgrade.
So I went instead to one of the pricey bars, and watched the action from there. The winners this time was:
- Div 1 205+ (39 Commanders): Fabio Favaro, Arcana Dragons (+3530)
- Div 2 -204 (13 Commanders): Mike Wach, Arcana Dragons (+23430)
- Div 3 -149 (46 Commanders): John Thorson, Arcana Dragons (+22030)
- Div 4 -108 (30 Commanders): Grego, T.B. BlackWatch (+2270)
- Div 5 -92 (35 Commanders): David Sifford, T.B. BlackWatch (+42280)
- Div 6 -73 (35 Commanders): RobertS400, Death`s H.o.D. (+20660)
- Div 7 -59 (34 Commanders): Valter Atkins, Niode Dragons (+2460)
- Div 8 -45 (13 Commanders): Waitai Rihari, Emerald Dragons (+18020)
- Div 9 -35 (24 Commanders): Robert Pawulski, Emerald Dragons (+22830)
- Div 10 -24 (20 Commanders): HongKngPhooey, Skull Squadron (+21300)
- Div 11 -17 (10 Commanders): Mark Stevensalo, Behemoth (+22600)
- Div 12 -13 (16 Commanders): Preller El Ouafi, Skull Squadron (+29750)
Total Contestants: 315, Total medals claimed: 171 (of 180 possible)
Another steep rise in participation. Compared to the SelfSame we had an influx of 76 additional Commanders. Medal wise, there were 9 Bronzes sent for resmelting. The five from K11 and the 2 from K8 can be explained by a narrow entry, but the two on K2 might be because the fame factor is getting too high.
Highest scorer was David Sifford from The Brotherhood BlackWatch on K5. His score of 160,000 are 128 consecutive rounds on the top. He also had the largest margin to the runner up, 42,280. Wile_E_Coyote_ on K11 and Robot_B9 on K12, both from Jagdstaffel 2, had the lowest total for a medal, just 960 points each.
Most of the Golds were won by a comfortable margin, but on Mount Olympus, K4 and K7 the margins were much slimmer. Although there was some really narrow gaps when it came to the lesser medals. Just look at the differences between the winning tiers in this event:
..........Silver to Bronze......Bronze to Nothing
Div 1 ....26000.....................6540
Div 2 ....37580.......................N/A
Div 3 ......3020.........................20
Div 4 ......1260.......................660
Div 5 ......2560...................11260
Div 6 ....14760.....................5580
Div 7 ....27310.....................6300
Div 8 ......1280.......................N/A
Div 9 ......5520.......................980
Div 10 ..23940.....................1280
Div 11 ....4920.......................N/A
Div 12 ..29920.......................960
The last Bronze on K4 was decided by 20 points, and 3 others were decided by less than 1000.
Three clans got double Gold in this event;
The Brotherhood BlackWatch (K4 +K5), Emerald Dragons (K8 + K9) and Skull Squadron (K10 + K12). But best team goes to Arcana Dragons who claimed the top three Golds. There was neither unaligned nor repeat winners this time.
Upcoming event: Ten Red Tons
OK, this should be a no-brainier. The only Mechs allowed to figtht in this event are the Red Ants. Any other models will exist as just empty spots in the formation when it comes to fighting.
Equipment and weapons work as normal
Event ends May 7 between 1900 and 1930 New York Time.
Any fresh winners can try to get in touch to tell their story, the first to grab hold of me before the report is finished might get a few Niodes for sharing their thoughts.
(By Sten Hugo Hiller - 627184)
